The Best Barns Brookfield 16X12 Wood Shed combines durable and sturdy construction with a classic and functional design to make it a great fit for any yard.
Assembly can take as little as a weekend depending on how much help you have. The kit comes primed and ready for painting in your choice of colors. The siding is easy to attach and friendly help is available from the manufacturer in case you have any assembly questions.
The customer is responsible for providing shingles, paint, and the drip edge, all of which are readily available at your local home center. This allows you to customize the Brookfield Wood Shed to exactly the final look you desire. A variety of other options are available to further enhance the appearance and usability of your shed.
The Brookfield has been used by customers not only for storage, but also as a workshop or a garden office. But whatever the use, this shed will be a wonderful addition to your home for many years to come.
- Model: Brookfield1216
- Nominal size: 16' width x 12' length
- Exterior dimensions: 15' 9" width x 12' length x 9' 6" peak height
- Side wall height: 76"
- Head room: 87"
- Wall is framed with 2" x 4" wood 24" on center
- Wood trusses 2’ on center with 2" x 4" wood
- Sturdy truss system gives 40 lbs. per sq. ft. snow load and 90 MPH wind load
- Gable overhang of 1" to help protect against the elements
- High quality Louisiana Pacific SmartSide® engineered and primed 3/8", 8" on center vertical groove siding is superior than plywood and has look of real wood
- Pre-cut roof trusses, wood gussets, wall framing, and trim for easier assembly
- Includes 7/16" OSB roof sheathing
- Doors are pre-built
- Includes wide double doors that are centered in wall: 64" wide x 71" high
- All hardware needed for assembly (screws, latches, handles, nails) is included
- Elegant design to fit any home
- Floor should be constructed to the exact size of the exterior dimensions
- Link to excellent downloadable online manual with pictures and step-by-step instructions
- Friendly technical support available from Best Barns for installation help
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Main image shows Brookfield Wood Shed with optional shingles, windows, and floor kit
- Note: Some images may not be to scale and/or show building with options such as the floor kit or extra windows or optional contents or accessories such as furniture or shelving that are not included
- Note: Customer provides their choice of paint, shingles (10 bundles), optional felt paper (1 15 lb. roll), and drip edge (8 ten feet long pieces) to achieve a completely custom look; many customers also decide to use metal roofing
- Note: This is a Best Barns Deluxe Cut kit meaning that all components are pre-cut to save you time
- Note: Best Barns sheds are built to order and typically ship in a week and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Approximate shipping weight: 1900 lbs.
- Louisiana Pacific SmartSide® paneling is treated to resist rot, termites, and mold, and has a 50 year limited warranty
- 2 year limited warranty for roof sheathing and all hardware and metal components
- 1 year limited warranty for defects in manufacturing and workmanship
- Best Barns and Shed Nation stand by its structures and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Cupola - An attractive cupola is available to enhance the look of your Best Barns shed and provide 28 square inches of ventilation. It is made of weather-resistant, high-density polyethylene and is designed to withstand the elements while being maintenance-free. The cupola is 22 inches long by 22 inches wide by 34 inches tall, depending on your choice of weathervane. You have your choice of Arabian Horse, Bear, Cow with Calf, Eagle, Horse and Buggy, Jumping Deer, Jumping Fish, Loons, Pig, Rooster, Running Horse, Sailboat, Tennessee Walker, Tractor, or Train Engine weathervanes. The weathervanes are hand crafted with 14 gauge solid steel, black powder coating, and a baked-on clear coat. The top portion of the cupola comes in black, brown, burgundy, clay, dark blue, dark grey, red, sandshade, and slate blue. You also have your choice of white, tan, green, or light grey for the bottom portion. Please indicate which weathervane and colors you choose in the notes section of our checkout pages. The cupola ships separately from the rest of the shed kit.
Deluxe Floor Kit - The deluxe floor kit for Best Barns sheds allows you to safely put your structure directly on the ground. Raising the foundation above the ground with a floor kit helps keep the interior moisture-free. It includes 3/4" plywood sheeting, 16" on center 2" x 4" treated joists, 4" x 4" treated runners, and the necessary hardware. Just minor cutting is required for the floor kit which should take an hour or less. To save money, customers can opt to build their own floor with materials from your local home center. Some customers even use a concrete slab, decking or even tiles for a truly custom floor.
Window Option - 14x14 Octagonal Window - A 14" x 14" octagonal window is available for each gable end of this Best Barns shed. It helps enhance the look of the shed while providing natural light.
Window Option - 18x27 Window with Raised Panel Shutters - Functional 18" x 27" single hung windows with screens and raised panel vinyl shutters are available for this Best Barns shed, providing additional ventilation and natural light to the front, back, or sides of your shed.
Best Barns keeps the latest PDF copies of manuals and permit documents for its structures on their own site at bestbarns.info/manuals.php and bestbarns.info/permits.php.
Best Barns Manuals
Best Barns Permit Documents
Best Barns Shipping Information
The factory for Best Barns is in Greenville, PA. Therefore the shipping time to certain southern and western states is slightly longer than to the rest of the country. Curbside delivery with a liftgate service is included with every order.
Curbside delivery means that the delivery company will lower the pallet(s) off the delivery truck at the end of your driveway. The driver is not responsible for unpacking or moving pallets to the build location.
But some items such as sheathing and optional floor components will be shipped separately from your local Home Depot. Best Barns tries to plan both deliveries for the same day or within a day at most, and this process ensures that you have the highest quality lumber at the best price.
When your Best Barns shed arrives from the shipper, it is recommended for the customer to have at least two people available to help move each piece in the pallet from the curb to wherever the structure will be assembled. Though the entire pallet(s) will weigh a lot, each piece is manageable by one or two people.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. When your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
About Reynolds Building Systems, Inc.
Best Barns Brookhaven Wood Shed Overview Video
Reynolds Building Systems, Inc. of Greenville, PA has been a leading maker of high-quality wooden shed kits for over 30 years. The dozens of different storage sheds, cabins, barns, and garage kits have been sold in every state and many other countries under the Best Barns brand.
Ensuring the highest quality of workmanship and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all RBS, Inc. employees. RBS's commitment to quality is second to none and though new items are always on the drawing board, much of the product line has been available for many years.
These classic designs have been nearly perfected to highest levels of quality and ease of assembly. The instruction manuals are constantly updated to make them easier to understand and packaging has been constantly upgraded to the point where any damage during shipping is extremely rare.
Each kit is built to order to your exact specifications and carefully inspected and packaged before being loaded onto the truck. The skilled craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in every completed structure as evidenced by the tens of thousands of happy customers all over the world.