The Sunhouse 12X12 Shed from Cedarshed Industries, a leading North American builder of premium cedar structures, features a wall of windows for maximum light. The durable construction and bold design make it perfect for any location.
Assembly can take as little as day depending on how much help you have. The kit is shipped as panels that are pre-built and ready for final assembly and painting or staining in your choice of colors. A pre-shingled cedar roof is included with the kit.
The sturdy frame construction and hefty weight of the structure ensure that it will withstand all kinds of weather conditions. The wide Cedar door allows even large items to be easily stored inside, and a variety of options are available.
As it is designed to be both attractive and functional, the Sunhouse 12X12 Shed is perfect for storage, as a greenhouse, or even as a bright garden office. It is sure to be a great addition to your home for many years to come.
- Model: SH1212
- Nominal size: 12' width x 12' length
- Exterior of durable, environmentally-friendy, and naturally decay-resistant Western Red Cedar
- Floor area: 144 square feet
- External dimensions: 151 1/2" x 146"
- Floor size: 139 1/2" x 144 1/2"
- Outside height: 105"
- Inside height: 94"
- Sidewall height: 45"
- 6' panelized wall sections for easy assembly with ordinary household tools
- Designed for assembly in just hours depending on how much help you have as no cutting is required
- Structure can be disassembled and moved at a later date if needed
- Framing is all nominally 2" x 3"
- Includes Western Red Cedar roof with shingles already attached
- Roof overhang of 6" on gable ends and 5.75" on sides
- Roof has 1/2" tapersawn shakes, 3/4" thick cedar roof batten, and 15 lb. roofing felt
- Trim pieces made of 3/4" thick cedar
- Includes 5/8" plywood floor with 2" x 4" floor joists on 16" center
- Wide Dutch door can be padlocked and allow for easy entry: 35 1/4" width x 72" height door opening
- Includes large functional full awning plexiglass window with decorative shutters and planter box directly opposite the door: 24" width x 28 1/4" height x 1/8" thick
- Angle wall windows made of high performance 1/4" corrugated thermoplastic (Lexan) that transmits up to 90% of visible light and blocks ultraviolet light
- Includes cedar workbenches: 34" width x 46" depth x 32" height
- Door and window hardware made of black powder coated steel
- All hardware needed for assembly (ceramic coated screws, hot dipped galvanized nails, neoprene washers, latches, handles) is included
- Link to excellent downloadable online manual with pictures and step-by-step instructions
- All that is needed is a level surface that is at least the size of the exact exterior dimensions
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may not be to scale and show building with options or optional contents or accessories such as furniture or shelving that are not included
- Note: Cedarshed is constantly updating its products, and so exact product dimensions are subject to change without notice
- Note: Structure comes unpainted and unstained to allow for customization of look, though Western Red Cedar can be left untreated if you wish
- Note: As they are built to order, Cedarshed structures are not able to be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Warning: Drilling, sawing, sanding, or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust make or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
- Friendly toll-free technical support available from Cedarshed Industries for installation help
- Classic design to fit any location
- Approximately 3 week delivery time as shed is built to order
- Shipping weight: 2100 lbs.
- Ships in 1 large package via LTL freight
- Cedarshed Industries and Shed Nation stand by its structures and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- Made in British Columbia, Canada
- 1 year limited warranty for defects in manufacturing and workmanship
Cedarshed Industries is based in British Columbia, Canada on the west coast. Therefore the shipping time to certain midwestern and eastern states is a bit longer than to the western part of the United States.
This structure will ship via LTL freight directly from the factory in British Columbia. We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. When your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
Liftgate delivery is not available for this particular structure as the packaging is too big. This means that the pallet will need to be opened on the back of the truck for removal by hand, piece by piece. This process takes a bit longer than if the liftgate were available, but it is not too time-consuming or difficult.
Two people are required to be present by the shipper to receive delivery in order to expedite the offloading process. It may take 30 minutes or so to manually offload your order from the delivery truck.
7 Ft. High Side Walls - The standard height of this Cedarshed structure can be increased to 7 ft. tall. The 7 ft. number refers to the gable ends, so the actual sidewall height of the structure increases from about 45 inches to about 57 inches, increasing the overall height by one foot. This gives extra interior height for workspace or storage.
Cupola - Decorative square and rectangular cupolas are available to enhance the look of your Cedarshed building. The rectangle cupola is 27 inches by 20 inches by 20 inches and weighs 30 pounds. The large square cupola is 23 inches by 23 inches by 18 inches and weighs 25 pounds. The small square cupola is 19.5 inches by 19.5 inches by 18 inches and weighs 18 pounds.
Door Upgrade - Dutch Door - An extra Dutch door can be ordered for this shed in place of the included functional window which is located opposite the main door. The door gives extra to access the interior of your shed. The door is made of 1x4 tongue and groove Western Red Cedar boards.
Door Upgrade - Solid Door - The standard door on this Cedarshed structure can be upgraded to a solid Cedar door. An additional solid Cedar door can be added in place of the included functional window in case you prefer to have access to the interior from two sides of the structure. The solid door includes a keyed lock and has 1 1/2" rails and stiles.
Weathervane - Make sure shed even more unique with a durable 11 gauge steel weathervane. Rooster and pig designs are available.
Window Upgrade - Fixed Window - Extra fixed windows are available to allow extra light into your Cedarshed structure. Each fixed window is 24 1/2" tall x 16 7/8" wide and includes decorative shutters and a planter box. One window can be installed in place of the functional (awning) window that is already included with the kit.
Window Upgrade - Functional (Awning) Window - The functional windows for Cedarshed sheds easily push out to provide extra ventilation. One functional window is included with the Sunhouse and is located opposite the door.
Window Upgrade - Half-Awning Window - The half-awning windows for Cedarshed sheds easily push-out at the top to provide extra ventilation while the bottom portion remains fixed. This top portion is 12 inches high. One window can be installed in place of the functional (awning) window that is already included with the kit.
About Cedarshed Industries
Founded in 1980 in British Columbia, Cedarshed Industries has grown to become one of the leading makers of premium cedar structures in North America. Bruce Cheng and Don Dorazio have managed Cedarshed for over twenty years now. Through a carefully selected network of authorized dealers, its sheds and gazebos have been installed all over the world.
All Cedarshed Industries structures are made of Western Red Cedar, widely known for its attractiveness and durabilility as it is naturally rot, decay, and pest-resistant. Cedarshed is committed to sustainable lumber practices and is a member of the Western Red Cedar Export Association.
Cedarshed's commitment to quality is unparalleled. Though new items are always on the drawing board, much of the product line has been available for many years.
These classic designs have been nearly perfected to highest levels of quality and ease of assembly. The instruction manuals are constantly updated to make them easier to understand and packaging has been constantly upgraded to the point where any damage during shipping is extremely rare.
Cedarshed structures are highly recommended by Shed Nation because of their remarkable build quality and the strong technical support provided by the manufacturer. And the tens of thousands of satisfied Cedarshed customers across multiple continents would certainly agree.
Cedarshed Industries - 2011 BC Home & Garden Show
Cedarshed Rancher Shed Assembly
Cedarshed Play Cabin Assembly
Cedarshed Bayside Lean-To Shed Assembly
Cedarshed Bunkhouse Shed Assembly
Cedarshed Customer-Submitted Shed Assembly
Cedarshed Customer-Submitted Cabana Shed Assembly
Cedarshed Clubhouse 8X12 Shed Assembly
Cedarshed Cabana 9X9 Shed Assembly