The EZ-fit Homestead 10X14 Wood Shed from Alpine Structures combines durable and sturdy construction with a classic and functional design to make it a great fit for any yard.
Assembly can take as little as a weekend depending on how much help you have. The kit comes primed and ready for painting in your choice of colors. The 4' panels have the siding already attached and friendly help is available from the manufacturer in case you have any assembly questions.
The customer is responsible for providing shingles, paint, and the drip edge, all of which are readily available at your local home center. This allows you to customize the Homestead Wood Shed to exactly the final look you desire. A variety of other options are available to further enhance the appearance and usability of your shed.
The Homestead has been used by customers not only for storage, but also as a workshop, a garden office, a pool house, and even a full-size playhouse. No matter what the use, this shed will be a wonderful addition to your home for many years to come.
- Model: 10X14EZKITHO
- UPC: 647297746640
- Floor size: 10' width x 14' length
- Peak height: 10' 3"
- Side wall height: 6' 6"
- Roof square footage: 236
- 12" roof overhang on all four sides
- Wall is framed with 2" x 4" SPF 24" on center
- Double top plate creates strong corners where the top plates overlap at the ends for even stronger walls
- High quality Louisiana Pacific SmartSide® engineered and primed 7/16", 8" on center vertical groove siding is superior than plywood and has look of real wood
- 4' panelized wall sections for easy assembly with ordinary household tools
- 6" fascia trim adds to the unique look and protects the fascia board from the elements
- Strongback 2" x 3" horizontal nailer used in all high sidewall construction for stronger and straighter walls and increased nailing surface for siding panels
- Designed for assembly in just a weekend or less depending on how much help you have
- Includes 7/16" OSB roof sheathing
- 6 pitch roof
- Rafters are 2" x 4", 24" on center
- Includes pre-hung wide double doors: 60" wide x 72" high
- American-made lock and key set with heavy duty locking mechanism and decorative plate is electro-coated in black paint
- Decorative 12" T-hinges with bushings
- Includes functional double 30" x 36" windows with grids, single pane glass, and Z shutters
- All hardware needed for assembly (fasteners, latches, handles) is included
- Elegant design to fit any location
- Detailed manual with pictures and step-by-step instructions
- Friendly technical support available from Alpine Structures for installation help
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Main image shows Homestead Wood Shed with optional flower boxes, shingles, paint, transom windows, cupola, and weathervane
- Note: Some images may not be to scale and/or show building with options such as the floor kit or extra windows or optional contents or accessories such as furniture or shelving that are not included
- Note: Customer provides their choice of paint, shingles, optional felt paper, and drip edge to achieve a completely custom look; many customers also decide to use metal roofing
- Note: If floor kit is not purchased, customers can build their own wooden or concrete foundation
- Note: Customer must make simple cuts of siding and roof sheathing
- Note: EZ-Fit sheds are built to order and typically ship in two to three weeks and so can not be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Approximate shed weight: 2225 lbs.
- Approximate floor kit weight (optional): 750 lbs.
- Louisiana Pacific SmartSide® paneling is treated to resist rot, termites, and mold, and has a 50 year limited warranty
- Alpine Structures guarantees against defects in manufacturing and workmanship
- Alpine Structures and Shed Nation stand by its wood sheds and work to make sure you are completely satisfied
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Cupola - The decorative square cupola is available to enhance the look of your EZ-fit building. The cupola is 21 inches tall by 16 inches wide and 16 inches deep and weighs about 26 pounds. It is 44 inches high when paired with an optional weathervane. The cupola comes assembled in one piece. It is made of wood and is painted white with a black tin roof.
Floor Kit - The floor kit for EZ-Fit Sheds allows you to safely put your structure directly on the ground. Raising the foundation above the ground with a floor kit helps keep the interior moisture-free. It includes 3/4" CDX plywood sheeting, 16" on center 2" x 4" treated SPF joists, 4" x 4" treated runners, and the necessary hardware.
Just minor cutting is required for the floor kit which should take an hour or less. To save money, customers can opt to build their own floor with materials from your local home center. Some customers even use a concrete slab, decking or even tiles for a truly custom floor.
Ramp - A treated ramp is available for the 60 inch double doors of this EZ-fit shed. It allows you to more easily move items in out of of the shed and is designed for quick assembly.
Transom Windows - These elegant windows can be added to the doors of this EZ-fit shed to further enhance its appearance while allowing in even more natural light.
Weathervane - Make your shed even more unique with a durable weathervane. They are about 24 inches tall, and the cupola option must also be selected in order to mount the weathervane. Eagle, horse, horse & buggy, and rooster designs are available.
EZ-fit Sheds Customer Assembly Photos
EZ-fit Sheds Shipping Information
Alpine Structures is based in the heart of Amish country in Ohio. Therefore the shipping time to certain southern and western states is slightly longer than to the rest of the country.
When your EZ-fit shed arrives from the shipper, the customer is required to have a total of two people available to help unload the pallet from the truck quickly and safely. This is usually done by opening the shrink wrap and moving each piece to its destination in your garage or backyard.
This procedure typically only takes 30 to 45 minutes or so, and each piece may weigh anywhere from 40 to 80 pounds. The driver is not obligated to help unload the delivery, though we have not found this to ever be a problem.
We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. When your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next day or whenever is convenient for you.
EZ-fit Sheds Assembly Video
Alpine Structures of Winesburg, Ohio has been a leading maker of high-quality wooden sheds and shed kits since 1981. The dozens of different wooden sheds, playhouses, kennels, and chicken coop styles have been sold everywhere under the Alpine Structures and EZ-fit Sheds brands.
Ensuring the highest quality of workmanship and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all Alpine employees. The manufacturer's commitment to quality is second to none and though new items are always on the drawing board, much of the product line has been available for many years.
These classic designs have been nearly perfected to highest levels of quality and ease of assembly. The instruction manuals are constantly updated to make them easier to understand and packaging has been constantly upgraded to the point where any damage during shipping is extremely rare.
Each kit is built to order to your exact specifications and carefully inspected and packaged before being loaded onto the truck. The skilled craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in every completed structure as evidenced by the thousands of satisfied customers all over the country.