Formerly known as the Little Squirt Playhouse, the 6X6 Little Cedar Playhouse with Sandbox from Outdoor Living Today, the leading North American maker of premium cedar structures, is sure to bring years of joy to your kids. Its design, features, and durability have been upgraded for the new year to make it an even better fit for any home.
Assembly can take as little as a day depending on how much help you have. The kits are shipped as panels that are pre-assembled for easy assembly. The covered porch provides a great sitting and play area for kids and helps define the character of the playhouse.
The roof and pre-attached shingles are included in the kit, and the only thing the customer may choose to provide is paint or stain, both of which are readily available at your local home center. This allows you to customize the Little Cedar Playhouse to exactly the final look you desire, though many customers opt to keep the natural cedar look.
The sturdy frame construction and hefty weight of the structure ensure that it will withstand all kinds of weather conditions. Three functional windows are included that allow in plenty of natural light, and the flower boxes add to the charm of the playhouse. The functional Dutch door allows entry for kids and adults alike.
Have the piece of mind knowing that your kids are safe in your backyard playing in their very own playhouse. The Little Cedar Playhouse with Sandbox will help them build memories that your entire family will cherish for years to come.
- Model: LCP66SBOX
- Nominal size: 6' width x 6' length
- Made of durable and naturally decay-resistant Western Red Cedar
- Outside height: 128"
- Platform height: 48"
- Outside wall depth: 71 ½"
- Outside wall width: 76"
- Inside height: 74"
- Enclosed playhouse depth: 40 1/2"
- Overall outside porch depth: 24"
- Overall outside porch width: 74 1/2"
- Inside front porch roof height: 51"
- Sandbox with 4x4 post platform
- Panelized wall sections for quick assembly, usually just in one day
- Includes 2' x 4' cedar joists and floor runners and 5/8" thick plywood floor
- Rafters are pre-cut and pre-notched
- Includes plywood roof with cedar shingles already attached
- Wall panels have attractive cedar bevel siding
- All other parts are precut and ready to assemble
- Includes three functional 18" x 23" windows, each with two flower boxes and tempered glass
- Functional Dutch door is 23 1/2" wide x 57" high
- All hardware needed for assembly (screws, latches, handles, nails) is included
- Link to excellent downloadable online manual with color pictures and step-by-step instructions
- Elegant design to fit any location
- All that is needed is a level surface that is at least the size of the exact exterior dimensions
- Note: Slide and post mount hardware is not included
- Note: Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits and issues pertaining to zoning, setbacks, or restrictive covenants
- Note: Some images may not be to scale and show building with options or optional contents or accessories that are not included
- Note: Outdoor Living Today is constantly updating and improving its products, and so exact product dimensions are subject to change without notice
- Note: Structure comes unpainted and unstained to allow for customization of look, though Western Red Cedar can be left untreated if you wish
- Note: As they are built to order with up to a 3-4 week turnaround time, Outdoor Living Today structures are not able to be returned; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Warning: Drilling, sawing, sanding, or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust make or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
- Friendly toll-free technical support available from Outdoor Living Today for installation help
- Shipping weight: ~850 lbs.
- Ships in 1 large box: 48" width x 40" height x 88" length
- Outdoor Living Today and Shed Nation stand by their structures and work to make customers completely satisfied
- Made in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
- 1 year limited warranty for defects in manufacturing and workmanship
Liftgate For Delivery - The liftgate service is offered by the shipper to provide delivery off the truck to your curbside. The carrier will lower the packaged skid off the delivery truck to the ground with a forklift-type device. From there, it is ready for unpacking and moving in individual pieces to the assembly site.
As these kits are quite heavy, if you do not have a loading dock or a forklift available, the liftgate is a recommended option to speed up and simplify delivery. The pallet can then be opened at your curbside and each piece is lightweight enough so that they can be individually moved to the assembly site. This usually only takes about 30 minutes or less depending on how much help you have.
Outdoor Living Today is based in British Columbia, Canada on the west coast. Therefore the shipping time to certain midwestern and eastern states is a bit longer than to the western part of the United States.
This structure will ship via LTL freight directly from the factory in British Columbia. We will email you tracking information as soon as it is available. When your order arrives at the shipping terminal closest to your home, the dispatcher there will call you to set up the delivery appointment, usually for the next business day or whenever is convenient for you.
If the liftgate option is not selected, it is required to have two people available at delivery to help with hand offloading the truck. Hand offloading rarely takes more than 15-30 minutes as no piece weighs more than about 75 pounds.
Curbside delivery is officially included in the shipping of all our large structures This technically means that the delivery driver just needs to offload the order at the edge of your driveway. In practice though, as long as your driveway is relatively straight and flat and there are no low hanging branches, the driver will back the delivery truck onto your driveway to offload the order closer to your home.
Outdoor Living Today Videos
Outdoor Living Today Company Overview
Outdoor Living Today Factory Look - Building A Wall
Outdoor Living Today - Cedar Structures Built With A Commitment To Safety
Outdoor Living Today Playhouse Animated Assembly Overview Video
Outdoor Living Today 6X6 Little Cedar Playhouse Video
Outdoor Living Today 6X9 Sunflower Playhouse Animated Assembly Video (extended)
Outdoor Living Today 6X9 Sunflower Playhouse Animated Assembly Video
Outdoor Living Today 7X9 Cozy Cabin Playhouse Assembly Video
Outdoor Living Today 9X9 Lauren's Cottage Playhouse Animated Assembly Video
Outdoor Living Today 9X9 Lauren's Cottage Customer Assembly Video
About Outdoor Living Today
Outdoor Living Today (OLT) is part of The Waldun Group, Canada's largest consortium of premium cedar products. Founded in 1974 in British Columbia, The Waldun Group is made of Waldun Forest Products Partnership, Stave Lake Cedar Mill, and Twin Rivers Cedar Products. These divisions have been been among the world's largest cedar roofing mills, premium sidewall shingle mills, and cedar lumber sawmills, respectively.
All Outdoor Living Today structures are made of Western Red Cedar, widely known for its attractiveness and durabilility as it is naturally rot, decay, and pest-resistant. Outdoor Living Today is committed to sustainable lumber practices and is a member of the Western Red Cedar Lumber Association.
In addition, in 2010 OLT was awarded PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certification. All wood is harvested from independently certified and managed forests in British Columbia, and great care is taken to ensure that every possible piece is used and a minimum of waste is created.
All of the gazebos, sheds, playhouses, and pergolas made by OLT undergo rigorous testing and prototyping before they are introduced to the public. It's not uncommon for a new shed to take over a year and almost 100 prototypes to complete. This is after extensive CAD and engineering work has been done to ensure that the highest quality structure has been designed and built to last for many years.
Outdoor Living Today's commitment to customer satisfaction and service is second to none. Any constructive feedback is immediately incorporated into products so that manuals are constantly updated to make them easier to understand and packaging has been constantly upgraded to the point where any damage during shipping is exceedingly rare.
The customer service team at Outdoor Living Today is committed to promptly helping you with any installation or product questions that you may have. OLT structures are highly recommended by Shed Nation, not just because of their superior build quality and attractiveness, but because of the great service the manufacturer provides. Many thousands of their structures have been enjoyed by satisfied customers all over North America and the rest of the world.