Rhino Shelter products are always in high demand and only ship directly from the manufacturer's warehouse. Availability changes daily, so please ask us before ordering as shipping times can range from a few days to several weeks.
The spacious Rhino Shelter 18X32 UN Disaster Relief Tent from MDM Products, one of the top makers of outdoor structures in the country, is a great all-season structure. It offers a tremendous amount of space and durability for emergency situations or even your worksite applications at a very affordable price.
Widely used during relief by the United Nations in Haiti, the tent is ideal for protecting equipment and other property from the elements, as well as for a variety of work areas. It offers plenty of working area inside as the peak height is 15 feet, making it easy to accommodate even tall machinery.
The rugged all steel frame is designed for quick assembly in just hours without tools and all the required hardware is included. The frame is made of heavy duty galvanized pipe that has multiple coatings and is 1-5/8 inches in diameter. The sides can conveniently roll up to create a canopy or an open medical facility.
The triple-layered polyethylene cover is UV protected and is a sharp white hue with blue accents. The extra thick cover material has a 18 ounce per square meter weight. It is fire-resistant, waterproof, and scuff protection has also been added to help it stand up to the rigors of years of use outdoors. Heavy duty polyester rope is included to help tie down the main cover.
The large doors on each end allow cross ventilation and the tent is designed to comfortably accommodate 40 people in hot or cold climates. A fabric floor kit with a heavy duty rubber bottom is included that provides a comfortable working and seating environment.
With its large area, rugged construction, ease of assembly, and classic design, the Rhino Shelter 18X32 UN Disaster Relief Tent is sure to prove useful for a wide variety of scenarios.
- Model: PB183215HWH
- UPC: 850516001462
- Nominal dimensions: 18' width x 32' length x 15' height
- Designed to accommodate up to 40 people in hot or cold climates
- Durable 1-5/8" all steel frame with 5 arches and 48" on center spacing
- Triple-layered, heat-bonded polyethylene cover is fabric-backed and rip-resistant as the rip stop feature prevents any tears from expanding
- Cover is UV treated on both sides along with added waterproofing, fire protection, and scuff protection
- Cover material is extra thick and has a weight of 18 ounces per square meter
- Heavy duty polyester ratchet straps are included to help tie down the main cover tightly over the frame and strong grommets are incorporated into the cover and doors for added durability
- Double cover tensioning system to allow for quick adjustments both front-to-back and side-to-side
- Exterior and interior color is white
- End panel doors are 16' wide x 13' high with door hold-ups and screens
- Sides can be rolled up completely to create a canopy or medical facility
- Eight 3' high x 4' wide roll-up velcro side windows and eight 3' high x 2' wide roll-up velcro roof windows, all with mosquito netting
- Roof truss and removable center structural support
- Doublefly cover for added interior protection helps reduces heat gain inside the main tent and provides water run off, allowing the roof windows to start open constantly for maximum ventilation
- Includes fabric floor kit with rubber backing for a comfortable seating and working area
- Complete stainless steel hardware kit is included, along with eight heavy duty stake-in anchors
- Heavy duty base plates
- Protective plastic tube end caps are provided for all open ends
- Wind release flaps on both sides for wind absorption
- Cover and door material meets California fire standards (CPAI-84 Section 5) for added safety
- Peak style roof design allows rain to easily run off
- Engineered in Connecticut to withstand harsh winter weather
- Designed for easy assembly in just a day or so with ordinary household tools as all parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled
- Structure is engineered to be portable as it can be disassembled and moved after construction if needed
- Among other uses, perfect for staging ares, medical facilities, food distribution, multiple large vehicles, commercial equipment, agricultural equipment, commercial supplies, animal protection, worksite storage, large workshop, and general storage
- Includes clear and fully-illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Classic design to fit any location
- Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits
- All that is needed is a level surface that is at least the size of the exact exterior dimensions
- Friendly technical support available from MDM Products for installation help
- Note: Some images may show structure with optional contents which are not included
- Note: Rhino Shelter structures are shipped via freight all over the country and so returns are expensive; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Ships in 2 large boxes along with 7 bags of parts
- Shipping weight: 1090 lbs.
- 2 year limited warranty
Benefits of Rhino Shelter structures
Heavy Duty Galvanized Steel Frame - The Rhino Shelter UN Disaster Relief Tent uses 1-5/8" diameter tubing for strength and rigidity. The double-dipped manufacturing process gives a triple-layered coating to provide added strength and protection against the elements and ensure that the frame is completely corrosion-free.
The inital flat strip steel is cold-formed and induction welded and then is subjected to two coating baths. The bonds zinc to the hot tubing and then a conversion coating above.
The final protective coating is a clear organic polymer that gives the surfact its smoothness and brightness. These coatings will not flake off during construction or dull with age, and the frame construction and design ensures that your structure will be rigid and durable for years to come.
Industrial Grade Fabric - The strong vinyl covers used in Rhino Shelter structures have three layers in a triple stack weave for significant durability. The seams are heat-bonded to make everything fits perfectly over the frame.
The unique rip-stop polyethylene used prevents any small tears that occur from expanding. The white underside allows maximum light reflection inside your structure for added brightness. The UN Disaster Relief Tent uses an 18 ounce fabric instead of the already rugged 10 ounce fabric normally use, giving it added strength.
The cover is UV-treated on both sides with a 10% chemical treatment, and the inner black scrim layer, unique to Rhino Shelter, blocks 100% of sunlight and UV rays from penetrating through the material. This allows covers to last an average of 7-10 years, depending on the level of sun exposure, while cooling the temperature inside. The effective lifespan of the cover is considerably longer than the covers used by competitors, and replacement covers are available at an affordable price.
Pre-Drilled Bolt-Together Frame - No cutting or drilling is needed during assembly, and power tools are not even needed.
Heavy Duty Cover Lacing
Structural Wind Braces On Each Side
Door Hold-Up Bungee Cords
Cable Hook Anchors - Rhino Shelters use 3 feet long anchors with rust-proof stainless steel anchors. The anchors easily go into the ground without digging with the drive rod that fits in the head of each anchor. Each set of anchors has a pull-out strength of 1200 pounds, four times higher than auger anchors typically used by other manufacturers. Rhino Shelter party tents are anchored by ground stakes while the metal carports use stainless steel pins.
Ratchet Straps - The heavy duty straps are unique to Rhino Shelter structures and allow the cover to go over the frame with the tighest fit possible. The reinforced webbed strap material and turnbuckle design will prevent any ripping and helps create a wrinkle-free look quickly.
The straps allow the cover to fit more squarely on the frame as well, making adjustment of the fabric on the bottom cross rail easier, and unlike rope, they will not stretch or allow the cover to get loose over time.
Designed To Withstand Winter Weather - Rhino Shelter structures are able to withstand winter storms in heavy snow areas. The roof is typically sloped or rounded and the covers are smooth to help snow slide off. The structures do not have engineered official snow load capacities as they are portable. In case snow accumulates, simply tap on the building's ceiling from the inside to dislodge it if it is safe to do so.
Consumer Friendly Packaging
Rhino Shelter Corporate Overview
Customer Video - Rhino Shelter 12X24 Extended Garage Assembly
Since its inception in 2001, MDM Products has shipped its Rhino Shelter line of portable structures to customers worldwide. Years later, MDM has become a leader in providing high quality, durable vinyl structures at an affordable price.
Ensuring the highest quality and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all MDM employees. It continues to be a leader in innovation as its design team constantly releases new products into the marketplace.
At the same time, the classic designs that made Rhino Shelter's phenomenal growth possible are continually freshened to give customers the widest possible selection of styles and sizes. The main Milford, CT warehouse has been constantly expanded and the founding team has decades of experience in the portable structure sector. This experience and professionalism is reflected in the high quality of structures manufactured by MDM.