Rhino Shelter products are always in high demand and only ship directly from the manufacturer's warehouse. Availability changes daily, so please ask us before ordering as shipping times can range from a few days to several weeks.
The Rhino Shelter 22X24 Livestock Shelter (Peak Style) Garage by MDM Products, the country's leading maker of vinyl structures of all sizes, is perfect for horses, farm animals, or just about anything else. With its ease of assembly and high-quality construction, it is a tremendous value for a shed of this size.
Rhino Shelter vinyl structures are the strongest on the market as they use high quality multi-layer fabric and heavy-duty galvanized structural steel tubing. Other manufacturers skimp on these critical components and consequently their structures fail at the slight hint of inclimate weather. MDM Products is based in Connecticut, and so all of its structures are designed to withstand the severe weather the East Coast is prone to.
The ends are open on both sides to allow easy ingress for animals as well as complete ventilation. The shed is low maintenance and won't fade, mildew, or rot as a wood structure may over time. Simply an occasional wash with a garden hose will keep it looking new over time.
Designed for easy assembly with common household tools, the Rhino Shelter 22X24 Livestock Shelter (Peak Style) can be put together in just a few hours or less depending on how much help you have. Available in green, grey, or tan, this garage is sure to provide you plenty of use for years to come.
- Model: GA222412HGN (green), GA222412HGY (grey), GA222412HTN (tan)
- UPC: 850516001271 (green), 850516001288 (grey), 850516001295 (tan)
- Nominal dimensions: 22' width x 24' length x 12' height
- Durable 2-3/8" all steel frame with 7 arches and 48" on center spacing
- Added wind support bracing on all four corners to ensure rigidity
- Triple-layered, heat-bonded polyethylene cover is fabric-backed and rip-resistant as the rip stop feature prevents any tears from expanding
- Cover is UV treated on both sides along with added waterproofing, fire protection, and scuff protection
- Cover material is 24mm thick and has a weight of 10 ounces per square meter
- Heavy duty polyester ratchet straps are included to help tie down the main cover tightly over the frame and strong grommets are incorporated into the cover and doors for added durability
- Exterior color is your choice of green, grey, or tan and interior is white
- Two end panel doors are 20' wide x 6' 6" high and can roll up completely to allow for full ventilation and one half of each door can roll up independently
- Includes one complete roll-up door kit for one side
- Door panels have strong double zippers that zip inside and out and bottom pockets for a rigid pole and grommets that secure the door open during use
- Four bungee cord tie backs for doors
- Strong nylon zippers are designed not to jam or freeze under heavy use
- Complete stainless steel hardware kit is included, along with fourteen heavy duty 36" anchors with U-bolts and a drive rod for easy installation without any digging
- Quick assembly wrench is included
- Protective plastic tube end caps are provided for all open ends
- Cover and door material meets California fire standards (CPAI-84 Section 5) for added safety
- Sloped peak-style roof design allows rain to easily run off
- Engineered in Connecticut to withstand harsh winter weather
- Designed for easy assembly in just hours with ordinary household tools as all parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled
- Structure is engineered to be portable as it can be disassembled and moved after construction if needed
- Among other uses, perfect for large vehicles, multiple vehicles, motorcycles, lawn equipment, patio furniture, boats, generators, and general storage
- Includes clear and fully-illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Classic design to fit any location
- Please be sure to check your local building code for any required permits
- All that is needed is a level surface that is at least the size of the exact exterior dimensions
- Friendly technical support available from MDM Products for installation help
- Packed in heavy duty cardboard with plastic shrink wrap on a wooden pallet
- Note: Some images may show structure with optional contents which are not included
- Note: Rhino Shelter structures are shipped via freight all over the country and so returns are expensive; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Ships in 6 easily manageable boxes: 60" length x 15" width x 5" height, 88" length x 11" width x 5" height, 50" length x 18" width x 10" height, 65" length x 26" width x 9" height, 60" length x 15" width x 5" height, and 67" length x 23" width x 9" height
- Shipping weight: 789 lbs.
- MDM Products stands by its structures and works to make you 100% satisfied
- 2 year limited warranty
Anchors (Cable Hook) - Rhino Shelter portable structures come with very strong cable hook anchors that attach to the bottom cross rail of the pipe frame with 1-5/8" or 2-3/8" U-bolts depending on the size of the structure. Enough anchors are included for just about every application. Some customers prefer to have even more anchoring, and so extra individual cable hook anchors and U-bolts are available.
Anchors (Ground Auger) - Some customers prefer auger-style anchors, which work great in dirt and are reusable and easy to install. Six large 32 inch auger anchors are available that have a pull-out strength of 1200 pounds, the same as the included cable hook anchors. Six small 16 inch auger anchors are also available that have a pull-out strength of 800 pounds.
Extended Warranty - Rhino Shelter portable structures all come with an industry-leading 2 year limited warranty. The extended warranty is provided by the manufacturer directly and can extend this warranty to 3 years or 5 years.
Liftgate For Delivery - The customer is required to have at least one person present to sign for the delivery and help unload the pallet from the truck. When your Rhino Shelter portable structure arrives from the shipper, the liftgate is a crane-type device that takes the giant pallet off the truck and places it in your driveway.
Without the liftgate, the customer will have to remove the box or boxes from the truck manually. This is usually done by opening the shrink wrap and moving each piece to its destination in your garage or backyard. This procedure usually only takes 15 or 20 minutes, and each piece may weigh anywhere from 40 to 80 pounds or less. The driver is not obligated to help unload the delivery, though we have not found this to ever be a problem.
Ideally two people will be present to accept delivery so that everything is unloaded quickly and moved safely, and the customer will have a hand truck for easier mobility. The liftgate is recommended for the very largest deliveries but is not necessary for most of the smaller structures.
Benefits of Rhino Shelter structures
Heavy Duty Galvanized Steel Frame - Typical Rhino Shelter structures up to 12' x 24' use 1-5/8" diameter tubing, while the largest structures bigger than 12' x 28' and above use 2-3/8" diameter tubing. Only the Party Tents, Party Canopies, and Steel Carports use a different frame system.
The double-dipped manufacturing process gives a triple-layered coating to provide added strength and protection against the elements and ensure that the frame is completely corrosion-free.
The inital flat strip steel is cold-formed and induction welded and then is subjected to two coating baths. The bonds zinc to the hot tubing and then a conversion coating above. The final protective coating is a clear organic polymer that gives the surfact its smoothness and brightness. These coatings will not flake off during construction or dull with age, and the frame construction and design ensures that your structure will be rigid and durable for years to come.
Industrial Grade Fabric - The strong vinyl covers used in Rhino Shelter structures have three layers in a triple stack weave for significant durability. The seams are heat-bonded to make everything fits perfectly over the frame.
The unique rip-stop polyethylene used prevents any small tears that occur from expanding. The white underside allows maximum light reflection inside your structure for added brightness.
The cover is UV-treated on both sides with a 10% chemical treatment, and the inner black scrim layer, unique to Rhino Shelter, blocks 100% of sunlight and UV rays from penetrating through the material. This allows covers to last an average of 7-10 years, depending on the level of sun exposure, while cooling the temperature inside. The effective lifespan of the cover is considerably longer than the covers used by competitors, and replacement covers are available at an affordable price.
Pre-Drilled Bolt-Together Frame - No cutting or drilling is needed during assembly, and power tools are not even needed.
Heavy Duty Cover Lacing
Structural Wind Braces On Each Side
Door Hold-Up Bungee Cords
Cable Hook Anchors - Rhino Shelters use 3 feet long anchors with rust-proof stainless steel anchors. The anchors easily go into the ground without digging with the drive rod that fits in the head of each anchor. Each set of anchors has a pull-out strength of 1200 pounds, four times higher than auger anchors typically used by other manufacturers. Rhino Shelter party tents are anchored by ground stakes while the metal carports use stainless steel pins.
Ratchet Straps - The heavy duty straps are unique to Rhino Shelter structures and allow the cover to go over the frame with the tighest fit possible. The reinforced webbed strap material and turnbuckle design will prevent any ripping and helps create a wrinkle-free look quickly.
The straps allow the cover to fit more squarely on the frame as well, making adjustment of the fabric on the bottom cross rail easier, and unlike rope, they will not stretch or allow the cover to get loose over time.
Designed To Withstand Winter Weather - Rhino Shelter structures are able to withstand winter storms in heavy snow areas. The roof is typically sloped or rounded and the covers are smooth to help snow slide off. The structures do not have engineered official snow load capacities as they are portable. In case snow accumulates, simply tap on the building's ceiling from the inside to dislodge it if it is safe to do so.
Consumer Friendly Packaging
Rhino Shelter Corporate Overview
Customer Video - Rhino Shelter 12X24 Extended Garage Assembly
Since its inception in 2001, MDM Products has shipped its Rhino Shelter line of portable structures to customers worldwide. Years later, MDM has become a leader in providing high quality, durable vinyl structures at an affordable price.
Ensuring the highest quality and customer satisfaction is the top priority for all MDM employees. It continues to be a leader in innovation as its design team constantly releases new products into the marketplace.
At the same time, the classic designs that made Rhino Shelter's phenomenal growth possible are continually freshened to give customers the widest possible selection of styles and sizes. The main Milford, CT warehouse has been constantly expanded and the founding team has decades of experience in the portable structure sector. This experience and professionalism is reflected in the high quality of structures manufactured by MDM.